Future conference sites are selected five years before the actual conference dates. Check out the schedule and locations now, and then make your plans to attend.
Future ACTA Conference Sites & Dates
Mark Your Calendar where necessary
San Francisco, California
November 2-5, 2017
Washington, District of Columbia
October 25-28, 2017
New Orleans, Louisiana
October 24-27, 2018
Palm Springs, California
October 23-26, 2019
The high-energy international event attracts more than 1,500 attendees and offers language professionals more than 150 educational presentations in 23 language- and subject-specific tracks. There is no better opportunity in the industry to share ideas and build relationships that last long after the meeting ends.
10 Reasons to Attend the ACTA Annual Conference
1. More than 175 educational sessions.
Whether you are a veteran or a first-timer, you'll walk away from the ACTA Annual Conference with practical and realistic ways to build, manage, and grow your business.
2. Face-to-face networking. Get to know your colleagues, find new business contacts—more than 1,500 translators, interpreters, and company owners who can relate to you and your profession attend the Conference.
3. Free app to make life easy. Access the entire conference from your desktop, laptop, tablet, or cell phone with a free app—create an electronic schedule, share your résumé with colleagues, and connect with other attendees like never before.
4. Buddies Welcome Newbies. This new event pairs first-timers with veteran attendees. Ask questions, exchange contact information, and make plans to meet up for lunch or dinner. This is an opportunity to begin the conference with a smile and a friend.
5. Tool tutorials. Get a grip on technology! Attend free workshops for beginning and intermediate users of translation tools.
6. More than a shopping mall. Yes, the Exhibit Hall has all the latest software, books, and technology but it is also an opportunity to meet vendors, ask questions, and try a little hands-on experience.
7. Résumé Exchange. Ready to work? Ready to hire? This special event is the place for freelancers and company reps to meet. Bring your business cards and résumés.
8. Division events for everyone. Targeted one-on-one information networking that puts you in touch with a community of professionals working in your specialty or language. Not a division member? Come along and check out the Division Open House.
9. Association meetings. The chance to find out more about ACTA 's goals and how you can be part of them.
10. Time to have fun. From the opening Welcome Reception on Wednesday evening to the Conference Dance Party on Saturday night, there will be things to do, places to go, and fun to be had.
BONUS! One more…
For the love of T&I. Share your passion for translation and interpreting with this fun, interactive display of attendee comments. Renew your enthusiasm and remember what makes your career great!